ANNE BOKMA – 6 MINUTE MEMOIRS
Write your story in 1,000 words. Tell it in 6 minutes. Let writing coach Anne Bokma show you how.
Select, shape, and share a transformative true tale from your Life in this 3-session online workshop series presented by Anne Bokma, awardwinning journalist, author, and founder of the 6-Minute Memoir project.
Tuesdays, November 15, 22 & 29 from 4-6:30 p.m. EST
Limited to 12 participants.
You will complete a finely crafted 1,000-word story and deliver it to the writing group in the final (third) session.
Whether you’re an experienced writer or someone who has never attempted anything like this before, this workshop series will offer you the instruction and inspiration you need to turn a profound personal experience into a compelling story that will resonate with others. It will spare you the struggle of going it alone and provide the support. accountability, community (and fun!) that comes from working with a guide and a group.
This workshop series offers:
• Help in selecting a story from your life to focus on
• Instruction on the 8 essentials of memoir writing
• Advice on how to overcome the roadblocks that stand in the way of you writing your story
• Short on-the-spot writing exercises designed to get you writing your story in real-time
• A 30-minute personal review of your completed story with written feedback
• Tips on how to tell your true-life tale on the stage & via Zoom
• Video examples of stellar storytelling in action
• The intimacy and community building that comes with working in a small group and sharing our personal stories
• Your own personal video recording of you telling your story
• Plenty of encouragement along the way!
Sign up today. Only 12 spots for each workshop series.
Workshop fee: $189
About Anne Bokma – 6 Minute Memoirs
Visit Website: annebokma.com
YOUR WORKSHOP LEADER: ANNE BOKMA
Anne Bokma is an award-winning journalist, author, workshop leader and the founder of the 6- Minute Memoir, a live storytelling series in her hometown of Hamilton, Ontario. More than 300 individual true-life tales have been shared in front of thousands of audience members at more than two dozen events since 2013 and the event has raised more than $60,000 for local charities.
Anne is the recipient of the 2020 City of Hamilton Arts Award for Writing. Her memoir, My Year of Living Spiritually: One Woman’s Secular Quest for a More Soulful Life won the nonfiction book award and Kerry Schooley award in the 2020 Hamilton Literary Awards.
To redeem this offer, please mention Adult Lifestyle Communities and your coupon code when you sign up for a workshop. To receive your coupon code, sign in below.
Already a member?
Click below & enter your password to unlock your promo code.